Please, remember me, happily, by the rosebush laughing.

My photo
Florence, Alabama, United States
Dancing in both directions at once so everyone won't notice that she's never heard this song before.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The African guy's a sign, right?

I got my little sister today! She was very talkative and sweet and I'm really excited about this coming year. It's gonna be fun... I hope. It's gonna be difficult, too, I think, so kindly keep me in your prayers. I'm nervous but very happy.

I worked at the day care tonight for a few hours. It wasn't bad. It was fun before nap time... it always suprises me to find that I really am good with kids. I mean, I know it, sure, but there are moments of clarity where I don't just know it, I think it and feel it. Reading to them last night and last night was fun...

I will not have televisions in my car. Ever. EVEREVEREVER. If one day I decide that I want TVs in my car because it will keep the kids entertained on long trips, please remind me of this post. Also remind me of this post if I ever think about getting my kids cell phones before they are 15. Emergencies. Bullshit. I want to be the kind of mother who knows where my kids are and who they are with, and if there is an emergency, I will know that the parent is going to be calling me. I know how easy it is to let your teenager arrange rides and whatnot, but I don't want that. I don't. And I know I know I know how hard it's going to be to stick by this when my kids are actually here and I'm a tired mother, but someone give me a nudge. I don't want that.

I got my passport photo today. It's pretty ugh, but it could be worse. I guess that's me for the next ten years!

No comments: