Please, remember me, happily, by the rosebush laughing.

My photo
Florence, Alabama, United States
Dancing in both directions at once so everyone won't notice that she's never heard this song before.

Friday, February 09, 2007

You think you're so smart, but I've seen you naked- and I'll probably see you naked again...

Before I started this post I thought I'd see what I wrote about a year ago; mistake! Apparently this time last year was rather depressing. It's been about a year since Mario passed away; I think I like that I'm still sad about that. I also quit working at Kid Safari about this time last year- I still have a note Jessica left on my bed to make me feel better when I got home on my last night. By the by, she should be in Fort Walton now; I got a message from her this morning around 10:30 saying they were about an hour away, so they should be about there now. Last night O'Brian and I visited with her for a bit and helped pack some (read: distracted her from packing and ate chocolate cake).

About two years ago today Meagan was recovering from surgery and I subbing at Shoals Preschool Academy- where the infamous twin story originated. And three years ago today, the second semester of my freshman year had just started after an amazing interim course. I believe I had just moved in with Christy two floors above my old dorm room (one of the greatest moves I ever made). I was friends with her and Kelly and Stacey, and just about to reconnect with Britni, and through her meet Lance (and later through him Thomas), Melissa (and through her David), Jennifer (eventually- and through her, Jennifer R.), and finally Mark. Then through Lance I was to find Jess, and through her Greg; I also fell in love with Karen somewhere along the way, and I'm not sure when, but Joe Hammer also became a part of my life at this time.

How strange- three years ago today, I didn't know most of your names and little of your faces and none of what is really you. Now you are my soulmates and lovers, the missing pieces of my once-broken heart. Where would I be with you?

That was 2004. In 2005 I was dating Stephen and livng next door to my parents and getting used to living near my beautiful high school friends again. In 2006 I was at UNA, falling madly for Jonathan and Lacey and Terri. And here it is 2007, and I have Jeff and Chris and Aubrey and a million more people to love.

Here is a personal ad from Rob Brezsney, my latest obsession:
I'm the one! Pick me for your mission impossible! I'm the one! Pick me to help you storm the kingdom of heaven! Everybody's somebody's fool; let me be yours! I have no shame and I want no limits! I give till it hurts and if you're smart you'll let me teach you how! So electrify me in a sanctuary! Amaze me in a labyrinth! Undress me on an altar! Engorge me in a waystation! And I'll resurrect you wherever you want!

No comments: