Please, remember me, happily, by the rosebush laughing.

My photo
Florence, Alabama, United States
Dancing in both directions at once so everyone won't notice that she's never heard this song before.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

All the girls in every girly magazine can't make me feel any less alone...

Despite the title of this particular entry, I'm not particularly lonely or upset right now. I'm a bit lonesome, but it's nothing more than that lovely slump we singles tend to hit every now and again. Ho, hum, sigh.

Today was a pretty good day. The reading in Lit.Crit was very interesting, not to mention very short. Freshman Comp. was interesting and amusing, as usual, and I turned in my second paper finally. Nature Writing was rather drab, being neither extraordinary nor excruciating. Images of Women in Literature was rather interesting today; we discussed the ridiculous old school of thought of women secretly desiring dominant men willng to put them in their place, as it were (a la Gone With the Wind). Needless to say, the entire class was rather awkward for me, as I would love to stumble upon an Alpha-male (umm, and I used this term before the werewolf books, thank you very much). Le sigh. Again. Anyway, we did discuss how it still not uncommon for women to like dominate men (apparently I'm not the only one ; - ), although our teacher seemed really surprised by this. I did make the distinction during the class among women of today and women of the past: if I had no choice but to play second to some big-shot husband, I would never marry. However, I do have a choice.

For a completely random change of topic- I just put the boys to bed (after I finished that last paragraph). William called me as I left his room, indignant: "Hey! I forgot to hug and kiss you goodnight!" Yeah, I melted a bit. These boys... I hope they don't forget me to quickly when I'm gone, but I suppose it's bound to happen sooner or later. I can't work here forever, and if I'm not working with them, there's no way I can maintain the big sister/mothering relationship I have with them now. Sad day.

I was gonna end the post there, but I realize that's a bit of a sad/sappy note with which to leave you, and I'm not really feeling sad or sappy at the moment, though I do feel a bit removed. I had a lot of comments today on my entries or to comments I'd made, and it made me really ridiculously happy. Thanks, guys. Hmm. Here, I give you my horoscope from Mr. Brezsney:

I expect you'll soon be communing with sore spots and delicate feelings, Cancerian. Allergies may be featured prominently as well--if not the literal kind, then maybe the metaphorical version. People might be extra ticklish, sometimes to the point of irritability. And yet all the squirming will actually be a good sign. It'll mean that one of your most confounding contradictions is close to being resolved. For best results, act decisively at the moment when your vulnerability is most intense.

No comments: