Please, remember me, happily, by the rosebush laughing.

My photo
Florence, Alabama, United States
Dancing in both directions at once so everyone won't notice that she's never heard this song before.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ya need never ever gotta go in your wallet, long as I got rubberband banks in my pocket...

So, I'm still not writing every day, although I'm getting better. I hope that it is at least somewhat apparent that I am using this journal as a means to hone my writing skills, in addition to its uses as a memory keeper and friend link. Granted, I rarely re-read the entries nowadays-- not before posting, that is-- so I'm sure there are misspelled words and grammatical faux pas terrorizing my fragile sentences, but that aside, I hope that you find some enjoyment in the reading aside from merely satisfying that aching hunger for news of my life.

Jessica and I went home late late Tuesday night, sneaking up to the old bedroom a bit before five Wednesday morning and sleeping a few hours before she went to her house. The absence of Meagan (and Abby) did not go unnoticed; they left for California Tuesday morning. (She is there safely now, in case you were curious, and she already has a part time job and a cute little apartment!) I got to spend some really good time with Gramma, and later Jessica came back over and we (along with Lindsey) headed out on some Africa errands. Jessica and I grabbed some cute skirts at the Salvation Army and I picked up a little set of flower speakers for my iPod at T.J. Max, then home again home again to visit with the parents and siblings. Thursday afternoon we said goodbye to Graham, who was off to Tuscaloosa, then Lindsey, Gramma, and I met Mom for a pedicure (which was oh-so-relaxing). Mom and I went to a doctor's appointment for moi, then I ran by the farmer's market to pick up a few veggies and some blackberry jalapeƱo jelly (delicious!). I met Jessica at Jonathan's apartment, where we got to see his loveliness and a few of his friends. We ducked in at Jeff's to say hello, then I headed to Outback to meet the fam for Dad's birthday celebration (with the parents, the grandmothers, the sibling, and the uncle).

We finished dinner, then had some cake at the house, then I packed up, Jessica arrived, and away we went!

The ride home was rather uneventful, aside from the considerable number of animals we saw on the way home. Mostly these animals were red splatters on the highway, although we did get to see a few deer and even a fox in the wee hours of the morning!

Here I spent the first paragraph babbling about my writing, practically begging for compliments, and what did I do? I spent the whole post listing, sentence after sentence summing up the day to day goings on of a very brief time in my recent life. Alas, it is necessary, for my memory already experiences daily failures, and I imagine the condition will only worsen as I age. So what's going on in your life? I'm dying to know, you know...

No comments: