Please, remember me, happily, by the rosebush laughing.

My photo
Florence, Alabama, United States
Dancing in both directions at once so everyone won't notice that she's never heard this song before.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Well, good God damn and other such phrases...

I've been going through some severe musical addictions recently.

First, Dan le Sac and Scroobius Pip. They are a British hip-hop duo, I suppose. I think Pip used to be a slam poet. This is the first song I heard; these two are my other favorites.

Next is was Ingrid Michaelson, who is featured on several commercials. The jingle that ran on the telly is still the best, although I love her other stuff, too.

My current love is Kate Nash, who has escaped my computer and has blasted through my car speakers. She is bitter and beautiful.

Keep it loose, keep it tight,

1 comment:

spreelanka said...

Wow, I love dan le sac vs scroobius pip. 'though shalt kill' had me in the first like 3 seconds. The music is like a mix of freezepop and dj shadow two of my favorites. The lyrics however, are quite unique. Existential like alot of indie type stuff, but also very cryptic. 'though shalt kill' is my fav there's so many things you can read into and speculate about. Ingrid Michaelson plays on my Kate Nash pandora station, I like her, she's very soothing, but I never noticed her enough to give her a thumbs up.